The gameful world : approaches, issues, applications
What if our whole life were turned into a game? Can game design energize society and individuals, or will algorithmic incentive systems become our new robot overlords?
In this book, more than fifty luminaries from academia and industry examine the key challenges of gamification and the ludification of culture—including Ian Bogost, John M. They outline major disciplinary approaches, including rhetorics, economics, psychology, and aesthetics; tackle issues like exploitation or privacy; and survey main application domains such as health, education, design, sustainability, or social media.
With help from key thinkers in the field, the editors lay out central debates, case studies, ethical concerns, and dreamscapes for the future of this field. This is the go-to volume for rhetorics and debates on game mechanics in interaction programming. Be the first to write a review.
- Korean For Dummies?
- Stability of rock structures: proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Analysis of Discontinuous Deformation, ICADD-5, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel, 6-10 October 2002;
- Essays on The Great Gatsby: Is Nick Carraway Gay? Or, Is Daisy Buchanan Slow?.
Add to Wishlist. Ships in 15 business days. Link Either by signing into your account or linking your membership details before your order is placed.
Description Product Details Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book! In Stock. Windows 8. Build Your Own Home Theater.
Digital Painting Techniques Volume: 7. Digital Painting Techniques : Volume 8. How to Do Everything iCloud. Clinical Information Systems. Ferocious Logics Unmaking the Algorithm. Item Added: The Gameful World.
go to site View Wishlist. Our Awards Booktopia's Charities.
- Knowledge: Its Values and Limits?
- Synthetic Coordination and Organometallic Chemistry.
- Find a copy in the library;
- Citation metadata.
- The Gameful World?
- Account Options;